Below is some information we hope will be useful to anyone intending to visit Auroville. Please read it carefully!
If you are coming to Auroville from another country, please check with a relevant Indian Embassy or High Commission what kind of visa you will need.
When you arrive at your Auroville accommodation you will need to complete an Arrival Form. This will entitle you to a Guest Card allowing you to purchase a range of goods and services in places in Auroville where cash payment is not accepted. Guests wishing to eat in the community-run Solar Kitchen may purchase Meal Coupons at the Guest Service.
Guests who stay in Auroville in a personal residence are required to pay Rs150 per day as a community contribution. If you stay in a registered Guest House however, this contribution will be included in the accommodation price. Without an Auroville account, you may make your payment directly to the Financial Service, where you will be issued with a Guest Card.
Guest Card and Guest Account
Guests staying more than one week may, using their Guest Card, open a Guest Account at a Financial Service office (at the Town Hall or near Aspiration Community). Guest Accounts may be used at any Auroville restaurants and for most Auroville services and activities.
Cash is not accepted and a Guest Account is required at:
La Terrace, the Solar Kitchen, Le Morgan, Pour Tous Snack Bar, Pour Tous, Santé Clinic and the Auroville Library.
Useful Services for Guests
Here is a list of useful services available to you upon arrival:
Auroville Guest Service
– General information and guidance on Auroville for guests.
– Assistance with active participation opportunities in the life of Auroville.
- Location: Above the Solar Kitchen
- Phone: +91 (413) 262 2675
- Email: email@example.com
- Webpage: aurovilleguestservice.in and auroville.org/contents/253
- Hours: Mon – Fri 09:30 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 17:00
Sat & Thursday 09:30 – 12:30
Auroville Volunteering, Internships and Studies Programs (savi)
– Assistance with learning and cooperative opportunities for long-term volunteers and student internships.
- Location: The Unity Pavilion
- Phone: +91 (413) 262 2121
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage: http://auroville-learning.net
- Hours: Mon – Friday 2pm till 5 pm
– Information about the process of joining Auroville.
- Location: Above the MultiMedia Centre (Cinema Paradiso)
- Phone: +91 (413) 262 2707
- Email: email@example.com
- Webpage: http://auroville.org/comingtoav/join_av.htm
- Hours: Mondays and Fridays from 9:30 until 12:30.
– Opening a Guest Account and obtaining a Guest Card.
– Financial matters.
- Location: Town Hall and near Aspiration Community
- Phone: +91 (413) 262 3648
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage: http://www.auroville.org/comingtoav/visitingav.htm
- Hours: Mon – Sat 09.00 – 12.30 and 15.00 – 16.30
Guest Accommodation Service
– Accommodation advice and assistance.
- Location: At the Visitors’ Centre, Open daily from 9:30am – 12:30pm and 2 – 5pm at the ground floor behind information service.
- Phone: +91 (413) 262 2704, +91 (413) 262 3449
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://guesthouses.auroville.org/
- Hours: Mon – Sun 09.30 – 12.30 and 14.00 – 17.00
– Arranging visits to Matrimandir’s Inner Chamber.
- Location: Matrimandir
- Phone: +91 (413) 262 2268
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage: auroville.org/contents/252
- Hours: Mon – Sun 14.00 – 16.00
Visitors’ Centre Information Service
– General information about Auroville for day visitors.
– Issuing Matrimandir Viewing Point passes.
- Location: Visitors’ Centre
- Phone: +91 (413) 262 2239
- Email: email@example.com
- Webpage: http://auroville.org/comingtoav/visitorscentre.htm
- Hours: Information Service: Mon – Sun 09.30 – 12.30 and 13.30 – 17.00
- Matrimandir passes: Mon – Sat ~ 09.30 – 12.30 and 14.00 – 16.00, Sun ~ 09.30 – 12.30
– Please try not to bring cars or large vehicles into the central area of Auroville.
– We are trying to keep this area as free as possible from heavy, polluting vehicles.
– Contact Auroville Transport Service or Unity Transport Service for taxi services between Auroville, Puducherry and Chennai. Within Auroville there are many rental services for bicycles and motorised 2-wheelers.
– To rent an electric bicycle contact e-Cycle Rental (+91 83004606-79/80 ) firstname.lastname@example.org